Krishna Pass HOGAYA!!!!

10:18 AM Posted by Krishna


Hello Everybody,
So what am i going to talk about. Well the name of the post said i passed in something. So what did i clear which warrants me to write a post. Now that I am no more a college student(I never cared, as i knew i would clear most of my AU papers). The exam which i cleared is one of the exams which i have been dreading for around one year now. No prizes for guessing. Its my JLPT(Japanese Language Proficiency Test). My previous posts would have given you an idea as to how i struggled grasping the damned language. I have not cleared any tests except the very first test(It was a partial open book test). We were saying three months more to exam so lets study, then said two months yaar, we can study and finally it was exactly 30 days to go with little or no preparation for the exam. Our company having invested a good amount of money on this training was expecting some returns and the pressure started to build. Moreover we were on a bond, which meant we may have to pay money if we didn’t clear. The final 30 days the real studying started. I was jumping from kanjis to meanings to grammar studyin nothing properly. As days went by i grew somewhat in confidence cose i started understanding the questions(till that month all our answers were based on probability ). But that was not enough for me to clear any of the mock/model tests. The final month had elapsed. In all my practise tests i was got somewhere around 60% in 2 sections, but i lacked practise in the other section. TO give a brief idea about the sections. The JLPT is made up of three sections.
1. Kanji and Vocabs
2. Kikitori(Listening)
3. Grammar

Section 2 I had no time to prepare. We needed 60% overall to clear the exam(240/400).
The day of exam came and i went into the exam hall with the distinction of clearing just a single test out of the n number of tests we had written. Section 1 was easy and i was confident that i will get 60+/100 in that section.
Kikitori was a disastor. While the listening section was in progress, I could hear only Naka muka naka muka song (cinema songs which was played in a nearby building was heard more prominently). I just trusted probability and GOD. Special thanks to Siddhart.
Grammar was moderate. I thought i would get around 110-120/200 allocated in this section.
The exam got over and it was a big relief for most of us. Next thing i did after finishing the exam was to enjoy a movie at satyam. Results would be published in around two months time(We wrote the exams on december the results would come around feb end) and we knew that was loads of time to elapse…
One fine day, in the end of february, while i was attending a training of Unix and C my friends said the result had come and i had passed. I never bothered to know my marks. Knowing that I had cleared was a big relief(Given that i have never failed a major exam). After a few days i went to collect my marksheet. It read….
Writing-Vocabulary - 72/100
Listening - 57/100
Reading-Grammar - 123/200
Total - 252/400
3rd Level Passed
I had just managed to clear.
I cleared the first and the last test(the test which mattered the most).
I cleared JLPT level 3

Until my next post
Adieu
KP - The Devilz advocate

0 comments:

Post a Comment