A Rant for a Rant

1:27 AM Posted by Krishna

One of my friends rant about Gandhi Jayanthi (Click here for the post) going unnoticed tickled my grey cells to write this post. The Question which came to my mind at the end of that post – Can I Afford to forget Gandhi Jayanthi or whatever Significant Date of national/International importance at the cost of something Personally significant?? The answer being Why NOT!! I really appreciate whatever the father of the nation has done to this country and I very well understand that the fruits of freedom, and the so called Fundamental Rights, which I am enjoying is attributed to the efforts of all those Freedom fighters over the past couple of centuries (Not Just Gandhi). At the same time I am aware of the fact that to have a stable future, to pay off my loans and to cater to the needs of the worldly compulsions, I need the so called VIT M. And one of the ways of earning that is by clearing those wonderful rounds of interviews and sealing the deal. Life is just about getting your priorities right, and I do not blame people if they have better things to do on D Day. It’s their life and it’s their choice. A person who cannot set his home right, who cannot be assured of the basic needs, cannot afford to think on lines of Self-Actualisation. The spirit of Freedom, our fathers and fore-fathers strived for, lies in the freedom of personal choice, in free country. And by exercising that spirit of My individual freedom, I paid my tribute to all those people who gave away their lives and soul fighting for it. I celebrate Gandhi Jayanthi not just on Oct 2, but all 365/366 days of year. My Case Rests…
KP – TheDevilzAdvocate.

2 comments:

  1. Aravind B said...

    Everytime when u stand up for the National Anthem b4 a movie or anytime u see AR Rahman's vande mataram song the surge in u that arises not out of music but out of pure emotion is what u share wit ur motherland. If one can connote to whatever I have jus said we carry the nation in our heart. So prioritizing personal wishlist with country's shouldn be a big deal!! Set ur ways for the future generations to travel!! Jai Hind!!

  2. Brain Damage said...

    The point i was tryin to discuss was not personal significance vs national significance ... i do agree with ur argument regarding priorities, but fake patriotism has become a fashion these days ... a section of the society who i would like to call approval junkies who eat/ sleep/ shit in a manner only coz some one is looking at them ... I detest ....

Post a Comment